Home What's New Message Board
BigPumpkins.com
Select Destination Site Search

Message Board

 
Grower Diary Comments

Subject:  Comments - Henry-the giant pumpkin grower 2026-09-

Grower Diary: View Diary

Grower Diary Comments      Return to Board List

From

Location

Message

Date Posted

big moon

Bethlehem CT

It's not over yet Henry. I have lifted them before and found a family of mice living under the pumpkin. The mice didn't even realize that their house was made of food! That being said... its up to you, you have shown some balls by leaving it on the vine this long. If it was me... I would lift it. And get it in your garage/ shed if possible. Unlike me... The true giant pumpkin champions usually ride them out until the very end.

9/29/2026 2:15:10 PM

Andy W

Western NY

I don't think I've ever had a mouse tunnel inside a pumpkin. They seem to just be late season rind nibblers.

9/29/2026 2:21:06 PM

Leon Busby

Damariscotta, Maine

It may surprise you that he was just checking around under there and you'll be fine. Good luck Henry

9/29/2026 2:25:30 PM

Howard

Nova Scotia

We have a few here I know mice are under, just thinking it's their home for the winter. Once we raise them watch them scatter! Been that for years.

9/29/2026 2:46:21 PM

Total Posts: 4 Current Server Time: 9/30/2026 11:06:10 PM
 
Grower Diary Comments      Return to Board List
  Note: Sign In is required to reply or post messages.
 
Top of Page

Questions or comments? Send mail to Ken AT bigpumpkins.com.
Copyright © 1999-2026 BigPumpkins.com. All rights reserved.