Home What's New Message Board
BigPumpkins.com
Select Destination Site Search

Message Board

 
Grower Diary Comments

Subject:  Comments - JABC (Jordan) 2026-09-26

Grower Diary: View Diary

Grower Diary Comments      Return to Board List

From

Location

Message

Date Posted

big moon

Bethlehem CT

I have never done that Jordan, but I have had the same concern as you. I have always just driven very carefully.

9/26/2026 8:21:36 AM

Country Boy

Ma

I think high density memory foam can help. It will help lesson the now dynamic impact load occurring from transport. Let some air out of your tires too, they will act as supplemental shock absorbers. Or you can try helicopter transport ;-) *Just a theory!

9/26/2026 8:55:45 AM

TillyTilly20

Spencer, MA

Jordan my 1267 was like this underneath, I didn't do anything special for the lift. I put some inch thick workout mats on the top of the plywood on top of the pallet. I hit a lots of big bumps with a dump trailer and didn't have any issues. Your walls are probably pretty thick.

9/26/2026 10:51:31 AM

Giant Pumpkin Farmer Mike

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

When you lift it place and place it on the pallet you could place it on a thin plastic sheet. Then lift the sheet up in this area toward the pumpkin and spray expanding insulation foam underneath. It should take the shape of the void pretty much exactly providing support under that bridge of pumpkin. When you lift it during weigh off remove the foam wedge by carefully cutting it up into smaller pieces.

9/26/2026 11:26:37 AM

Freakofnature13

Eas Canton, Ohio

Treat it like a normal pumpkin. I just weighed a 1830 lber with more of concave bottom than that. Treated it normal. Set it on foam and go.

9/26/2026 9:22:30 PM

Total Posts: 5 Current Server Time: 10/1/2026 12:05:28 AM
 
Grower Diary Comments      Return to Board List
  Note: Sign In is required to reply or post messages.
 
Top of Page

Questions or comments? Send mail to Ken AT bigpumpkins.com.
Copyright © 1999-2026 BigPumpkins.com. All rights reserved.